When it comes to secure media destruction, is your company in compliance with federal regulations? Here is some information, in case you’re not sure.
* There are a number of governing rules regarding the secure custodianship and destruction of data stored on portable media devices. Some of those rules include those of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, Federal Property and Administrative Services Act, Federal Property Management Regulations, Federal Information Security Act of 2002, FACTA, HIPPA, and GLB.
* The NSA has developed standards for the proper destruction of data storage media including computer hard drives, optical media such as CDs, DVDs, and BluRay, memory boards, cell phones and smartphones, magnetic stripe cards, and other electronic storage media.
* Phiston Technologies offers data crusher products that destroy these devices according to U.S. federal standards.
* Our products were designed to exceed the NSA standards and provide you with innovative features to make data destruction a simpler part of the work you do.
* In addition, we also provide secure destruction of data storage devices at our Miami, Florida, facility. Devices can be delivered in person or via a bonded courier. Once the devices are destroyed, you will receive a certificate of destruction.
* Our experts can also help you to develop, review, and update your corporate data destruction policies in order to meet governmental compliance. We will identify and recommend products, procedures or services in order for you to accomplish your data security goals.
Do you have further questions about compliance or would you like to know more about our data destruction products? Contact us for more information.